Sunday, October 14, 2018

Entry blog #4 Arizonans And Raining!

I am new to Arizona so I am very surprised by the act of people who live in Arizona for a long time. It's the time we welcome the dusty, windy, and rainy weather that only seems to happen around this time in Arizona. Some of my friends keep texting me like “It's raining!!!” with all caps of excitement saying it's raining even though they know that I can see the droplets pouring down. Also, some people act as they’ve never seen rain before. It sounds overdramatic but really, some people act like that. They also take many pictures of the rain and post it on social media with the excited caption. It seems like they extremely love the rain but nobody leaves their house to enjoy the rain as they mean to. Some people keep saying that they love rain and don't mind it, they wish if the rain would be longer and harder. Don’t they even care about the flash flooding, or the rain going to turn into big rain storms? Moreover, whenever it’s raining you will receive a noisy alarm message on your smartphones about the approaching of the storms. The ringing sound of that message is always loud and obnoxious that can cause someone into thinking the phenomenon is much worse. However, It's funny if you are in a large public place and everyone’s phone is ringing at the same time; it happens because each phone in the room receive the alarm message in sync.

4 comments:

  1. This is funny because what you're saying is so true. I've been living here for quite some time, and you recently moved here. You've already noticed so many people that go crazy when it starts to rain or when it's any kind of weather in general. I always wondered why everyone would take their phones out and take pictures of the rain(except for the people that had a true admiration for it). You'll start to realize many people are very similar here when it comes to events that occur and social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your perspective of others and the rain. People do overreact to it, but in all fairness.....how often does Phoenix get rain? Comparing once or twice a year here, to Seattle's almost everyday....I would think people in Seattle are like, "Oh my goodness, its sunshine!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. First all welcome to Arizona I enjoyed the rain to I wish people in Arizona wouldn't. go crazy when it rain to

    ReplyDelete

Entry #10: My Experience of Blogging

At the beginning of this semester, I couldn’t expect that I had to create my own blog and being a blogger throughout the semester. To ...