Saturday, November 17, 2018

entry #8 Tattoos

Tattoos have been around for a long time and have always been a subject that causes controversy and judgment in a social. Some people view the tattoos as unprofessional and offensive while others view them as a form of self-expression and art. As the mean of art, tattoos are subjective. It differs in everyone’s opinion; you might love it but others might hate it.

My parent always tells me to be myself but they are refused by the idea of putting a tattoo on my body, which is something that I wasn’t born with but I will die with. In my opinion, tattoos are art, and they would be a form of self-expression for someone. They tell a story of a person’s experiences. Especially for their beliefs, and their achievements. They keep the memories that you don't want to forget. They remind you of the fact that you have to remember. In many cases, it describes who you are. However, in my parent's view, they are denied the meaning of tattoos. Tattoos are bad in their view, they say tattoos are for gangsters. They always give me a lot of question whenever I mention about tattoos such as “Why would you want to mark up your skin like that?", "Why would you want to hurt yourself like that?” “Are you going to want something like that in the next 10 years?" "How are you going to explain to your children?" or "Are you going to be happy with the way it looks then?".

On the other hand, tattoos are just a form of art because tattoos should not hinder someone from anything in life. It is a way for people to start loving who they are and who they will become.

2 comments:

  1. I also have the same issue with my parents, I think it is art and the bad association that came with tattoos has changed and isn't seen the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be effective to include those online comments as you've done at the top of this post but you need to provide the context and then comment on them to fully integrate them into your post.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #10: My Experience of Blogging

At the beginning of this semester, I couldn’t expect that I had to create my own blog and being a blogger throughout the semester. To ...